Thursday, December 5, 2013

Is It A Crime?


So when I buy nice yarn, if it doesn't already have a plan, I take forever trying to pick out the perfect pattern to use it to its fullest potential. I want it to last, to look it's best, and to be visible to everyone. With this in mind, it rules out certain categories for nice yarn.

I mean it would be a crime to use 100% cashmere for socks......or would it? Think about it, hand knitting anything is already taking that item to a new level of luxury, which to many seems a bit excessive and unnecessary but to us knitters seems special and timeless. So, why not kick it up a notch? Knit a washcloth out of pima cotton or a bookmark out of silk or make those socks out of the cashmere.

Maybe it's the holiday spirit or the fact that I have this lovely skein of luxury yarn that I happen to want to turn into something "ordinary," whatever it is, I don't think we should have limits for our yarn. It's not like it will be your last time working with alpaca or cashmere or silk, so live it up once and a while and turn mundane items into luxury items.

No comments:

Post a Comment