Friday, April 27, 2012

Wild Fire

We've all gone a little crazy here over one pattern, the Chevron Lace Cardigan and it has caught on like wild fire. Cindy has already made four or so, Cori just bought yarn for her fourth, DeeDee just finished hers and I am trying to pick out a color for mine.  I just had to jump on the band wagon. ;)


(one of Cindy's finished cardigans)

The best thing about this pattern is that it's so versatile.  You can make it short or long, with sleeves or without and add in embellishments here or there.  It also looks great on all different body types. 

(One of Cori's finished cardigans)

 One last thing about this pattern is that it's fun in all different types of yarns.  We have had a lot of success making it out of Schaefer's yarn Laurel because of the type of cotton and the yardage.  The cotton has that bit of sheen to it because it's mercerized and it comes with 400 yds to the hank, which Cindy was able to get a whole top done with one skein and few modifications (first picture).  The colors are quite fun too and on top of that, each skein is named after an influential woman and comes with a little blurb about their story.

Cori made hers (pictured above) out of Rowan Summer Tweed and is now doing one out of Frog Tree Picoboo and it's fabulous. We have cotton and cotton blends to choose from that would work great with this pattern. Come check them out!


Now, to explain this last picture, it's my dilemma picture.  I said that I was picking out yarn for my cardigan and I have decided that I want Laurel but I just can't seem to choose the color.......Ugh, fiber problems.  Which do you like? The top is named after Ethel Waters and the bottom is named after Madame C.J. Walker if that helps.  Wanna help me choose? Just let me know what you're thinking and I'll let you know which one was the winner.

Phew, long post but seriously guys, this is a fun pattern and if you want something to do for summer go ahead and join in on the craze.

No comments:

Post a Comment